Is Lap-Band Right for You?
Before all else — your health comes first.
Before you can use the LAP-BAND® System to help you lose weight and live healthier, you need to qualify medically. This means being currently healthy enough for the minimally invasive procedure. While only a physician or surgeon can give you a complete medical evaluation, the criteria listed here should help you get started. You may also want to ask your surgeon about other criteria he or she may use. One criteria may be your Body Mass Index (BMI). What you and your doctor or surgeon should know is that the LAP-BAND® System is the only FDA-approved gastric banding system for people who are at least 30 pounds overweight, with a BMI of at least 30 kg/m2 and one or more obesity related comorbid conditions.
LAP-BAND® may be right for you if:
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is at least 40, or
- you are at least 30 pounds overweight with a BMI of at least 30 kg/m2 with one or more obesity related comorbid conditions. Check your BMI.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have been overweight for more than 5 years.
- Your serious weight loss attempts have had only short-term success.
- You are not currently suffering from any other disease that may have caused your excess weight.
- You are prepared to make major changes in your eating habits and lifestyle.
- You do not drink alcohol in excess.
- You are not currently pregnant. (Note: If you become pregnant after having this procedure, the band can be adjusted for the duration of your pregnancy.)
The LAP-BAND® System is a minimally invasive procedure that has helped thousands of people lose weight. You and your doctor should review your medical history to make your medical decisions together.
Keep in mind that only a qualified physician/surgeon can properly evaluate all the factors in your case. This result is a guideline for you, and can help you make the decision to seek more information about weight loss surgery using the LAP-BAND® System.
To schedule your consultation with our Bariatric Surgeon, contact us at 909-579-3111. or visit www.inlandlapband.com for a free insurance verification.